I recently (a week ago tomorrow) migrated from the Blackberry Curve to the iPhone (a difficult choice as both have strong positives). For some reason my new iPhone did not come with the most recent software version, which was available in late November. Some of the changes are:
- Google Street View in Google Maps
- Public transit and walking directions in Google Maps
- Display the address of a place when you drop a pin
- Share your location via email
- Fix for a scheduled fetching of email bug
- Improved stability and performance of Safari
- Podcasts can be downloaded right to the iPhone over WiFi or 3G
- A decrease in call failures and dropped calls
- Improved sound quality of visual voicemail messages
- The ability to return to the main home iPhone screen with the click of the home button
- The ability to turn on and off the keyboard auto-correction feature
Here is the link to the changes according to Apple.
If you have an iPhone that has not been updated, I highly recommend you download the software via iTunes.
Hope this helps…more coming on Google, including Google Video chat…and it’s free!